posted by Singing Owl..
The picture is of my [Singing Owl] back deck after the first heavy snow last winter. I am looking at the weather forecast with a sigh of resignation. You see, our glorious unseasonable stretch of sunny days is ending and rain mixed with snow is in the forecast. The weather guy actually said, “This is probably the last nice day till spring, folks…” So, I am trying to plan ahead. Help me out, please. When it is cold outside:
1. What is your favorite movie for watching when curled up under a wooly blanket? ‘French Kiss’ romantic comedy with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline..
or- Jane Austen’s ‘Persuasion’. i have so many faves – all listed in my profile for more suggestions 🙂
2. Likewise, what book? any Agatha Christie. love to keep her books of short stories on hand for when i don’t have time for the full length read..
3. What foods do you tend to cook/eat when it gets cold? meatloaf, stew, homemade soups, slowcooker meals..
4. What do you like to do if you get a “snow day” (or if you don’t get snow days, what if you did)? your suggestions as above! the full length agathas like poirot or miss marple, stack the movies for a jane austen marathon, add a fireplace, hot drinks, chocolate something, quilt and pillows & it’s all good! ..
5. Do you like winter sports or outdoor activities, or are you more likely to be inside playing a board game? Do you have a favorite (indoors or out)? do like slow walking in softly falling snow [meaning temperature is tolerable!] otherwise happy to be indoors viewing the beauty 🙂 outdoor temps usually too extreme here for me to like outdoors. i do like snowshoeing. ‘when i was young’, i used to share with my brother our own snowmobile & rode daily~ fave indoor game? kings in the corner cards, scrabble, monopoly, uno, skip bo.
great play Singing Owl! thanks for the challenge and the share. look forward to reading yours ..